History

 

START AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMMERCIAL PORT

Between 1929 and 1939 in Marghera new works were carried out to support the Port development , as the equipping and the installation of auxiliary plants of the North pier, of the Friuli and Cadore quays and the construction of new road and railway nets....read more


 

PRIVATIZATION OF THE PORT ACTIVITIES - VECON SPA

The containerized traffic appears for the first time at Venice in the end of 60’s, with conventional or adapted ships.The awareness of this new upcoming transport method was growing in Mediterranean sea ( the first containers in Usa are of 1959 ) and this induced the Port Superintendency, who used to manage the operations of the commercial port, to equip in the early 70 's a dedicated quay and create a specialized terminal....read more